DMF recently completed a project for Sydney Water, installing a series of high speed roll doors for a treatment plant, to contain air pressure and odours, in a very corrosive atmosphere. To ensure long life of the product in these conditions, very customised doors were designed and manufactured in the DMF Sydney factory, and then sequentially installed as the entire project progressed.
Key designs and benefits
- The doors were fully constructed using stainless steel grade 316, including all structural elements, and rollers, panel supports and controller housing.
- Door panels fabricated using Duraksin 1750gsm for strength and durability, and supported by horizontal stainless wind bars
- TOF safety sensors were used, due to their resistance to corrosion and high IP rating
- The controller is PLC and housed in SS316 box, with full programming, and integrated with the auxillary equipment.
- Door speed was required at 1m/sec
- There were many dimensional constraints on site, and so the design had to allow for the tight fitting.
DMF are proud to have been involved in this unique project, and have since been able to offer other high grade stainless steel doors for corrosive applications.