General Statement of Policy
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and systems of work;
- Making and monitoring arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of plant and substances;
- Maintaining the workplace in a safe and healthy condition;
- Providing adequate facilities to protect the welfare of all employees and
- Providing information, training and supervision for all employees, enabling them to work in a safe and healthy manner.
Company Management is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of this policy. The health and safety duties of management at all levels will be detailed, and company procedures for training and backup support should be followed. In fulfilling the objectives of this policy, management is committed to regular consultation with employees to ensure that the policy operates effectively and that health and safety issues are regularly reviewed.
Recognizing the hazards occurring in the door manufacturing industry, DMF will take every practical step to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. To this end:
- Is responsible for the effective implementation of the company health and safety policy;
- Must observe, implement and fulfill its responsibilities under the Acts and Regulations which apply to the Door Manufacturing Industry;
- Must ensure that the agreed procedures for regular consultation between management and those with designated and elected health and safety responsibilities are followed;
- Must make regular assessments of health and safety performance and resource in cooperation with those with designated and elected health and safety functions;
- Must ensure that all specific policies operating within DMF- fire and explosion, purchasing, dangerous goods, noise, training, first aid and systems of work – are periodically revised and consistent with company health and safety objectives;
- Must provide information, training and supervision for all employees in the correct use of plant, equipment and substances used throughout the company; (Company procedures and training arrangements to be followed) and
- Must be informed of incidents and accidents occurring on the DMF premises or to DMF employees so that health and safety performances can accurately be gauged;
DMF procedures to be followed in all instances.
- Have a duty of care of which they are capable for their own health and safety and of others affected by their actions at work;
- Should comply with the safety procedures and directions agreed between management and employees with nominated or elected health and safety functions;
- Must not willfully interfere with or misuse items or facilities provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare of company employees and
- Must, in accordance with agreed company procedures for accident and incident reporting, report potential and actual hazards to their elected health and safety representatives.
This policy will be reviewed in the light of legislation and company changes.
Management seeks cooperation from all employees in realizing our health and safety objectives and creating a safe work environment. All employees will be advised, in writing, of agreed changes and arrangements for their implementation.